22 September, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mo!

This is a little belated in getting posted due to me having trouble on the actual day, but better late than never, right?  

A lot of blogs post photos of the delicious food served for a special occasion.  Don't get me wrong, I probably would've done the same had I remembered to grab the camera amongst the chaos of getting dinner on the table tonight.  I am particularly proud of my homemade butternut squash gnocchi that I made for Mo's birthday dinner tonight, but I realized that it is the chaos and the mess that takes up most of my time.  Given this, I decided to show you the mess.  There was so much chocolate cake on the ground I even secretly allowed our dog with food allergies to sneak bites off the ground every now and then until I decided to shoo her away.  Bad doggie mama! 

So, happy birthday, to my Mo.  It is chaos and love around here everyday and nothing is different today, except today we celebrate you.  We celebrate the love, creativity, and stability you bring to our home everyday.  Our girls cherish you and love you so much as do I.  Life hasn't been particularly easy lately and I hope you know that we always love you.  

1 comment: